Best Summer Makeup
This summer, the weather is heating up and this makes putting on makeup and making it last fairly difficult. While we all want to look as good as possible, even in the harsh summer heat, we also have to switch up our makeup routine to accommodate for the sweltering heat accordingly.
Here are the best makeup items to include in your makeup routine this summer:
- BB Cream – BB cream is a wonder product during the hot summer months. Not only does the right BB cream provide adequate coverage, but it is light and not heavy on the face, which is perfect in the heat. Make sure to pick up a BB cream in a formulation that will let you skin breathe and that has a fresh scent, which thankfully, many of them do.
- Witch Hazel – Witch hazel is great to use on your under makeup during the summer. Use a cotton ball to put some witch hazel on your face to combat oiliness and shine. Also, witch hazel is great to use as a makeup primer, since it primes the skin beautifully.
- Shimmery Gloss – The heat is no time to wear heavy lipsticks. Switch up your usual lipstick for a light, shimmering gloss. Not only is gloss forgiving, which means you can apply it anywhere and not have to worry about having a mirror, but in the heat, it won’t fade unevenly the way a lipstick normally would.
- Waterproof Mascara – We all want to look great, even in the heat, which means we must keep our eyes defined. And, there is no better way to do this than with a moisturizing waterproof mascara. No matter how hot it gets, when you use a waterproof formulation, you won’t have to worry about it smudging around your eye area.
- Translucent Powder – Translucent powder is a great product to use during the hot summer months. While we all have a tendency to get oily in the summer, pressed powder is simply too heavy in the heat, which makes translucent powder the perfect alternative. Not only is it light, but it provides enough coverage to hide blemishes, and still allows your skin to breathe.